Social media is everywhere – from TV show hashtags to your grandparents signing up for Facebook (and commenting on every photo you post). This class will explore the best practices for individuals and companies in the ever-changing world of social media. We will achieve our desired course outcomes through use and discussion of social media platforms, reading and discussing the book and by making a commitment to keep up with the latest news in the world of social media (each class will start with a discussion about what is new that day/week in social media).
- You will understand how a person can use social media to build a personal brand
- You will understand how an organization or company can use social media to achieve its goals
- You will know how to measure the success of social media campaigns
- You will know how to create great content on social media
- You will learn how to evaluate new social media tools
- You will realize that social media is no longer an easy place for marketing success
You will work both as an individual and in groups during this class. You are expected to help people in your group achieve their social media goals.
How to get an “A”
Show up on time, turn in your assignments on time, pay attention in class, participate in class, apply concepts learned in class to assignments.